Monday, July 9, 2012

"School of Essential Ingredients" By Erica Bauermeister Review


Snip it from Goodreads.com -  "The School of Essential Ingredients follows the lives of eight students who gather in Lillian's Restaurant every Monday night for cooking class. It soon becomes clear, however, that each one seeks a recipe for something beyond the kitchen."

My Review - This story touched my heart. I personally love books that each chapter is about a different character and opens up the door to a little more of that character. This was how this book was. Although each chapter related to the book, it revealed more about a specific character, explaining the way they came to be in this cooking class. Let me say, I was ready to cook after reading each chapter!!! It certainly made me take a different view on throwing a bunch of stuff in a pot and cooking it. They way they made thanksgiving dinner yet in such a different fashion was wonderful. You know how they say people need smell-a-vision for Food Network, well they need to make sctatch and sniff for adult books. It was an all around fantiastic book, loving, great story line, and loveable characters. Definately one to read on vacation or on a beach.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful!! This is definitely the kind of book I'd enjoy reading this summer! Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete